A Personality Approach to Wellness – Mary Miscisin
Work demands, home responsibilities, and life in general can pack our schedule with a lot of “have-tos” and “gotta-get-dones” to the sacrifice of our health and well being. Exercising, eating nutritiously, and getting enough sleep are just a few of the health habits that can be pushed to the back burner in order to “take care of business.”
Perhaps you have noticed that some individuals seem to be able to incorporate healthy habits comfortably into their lives, while others seem to struggle endlessly, taking one step forward and two steps back? What is the difference between these two groups of people?
Years of observation have shown the difference is clear, when the “right” approach is matched with the “right” person, anything is possible. How do you find what approach works for you? The first step is to find out what makes you tick. The Personality Lingo model is a simple method for gaining insights into why we behave as we do.
Because, changing behaviors is almost never a question of capability, but rather a question of motivation, our personality holds the key to unlocking our health and well-being challenges by helping us identify our intrinsic motivators, strengths, and barriers to success.
Once you know how you are wired, you can tap into the power of your personality to achieve the health goals you desire and deserve.
- Learn Personality Lingo and identify your unique personality spectrum.
- Investigate your resources, mental strengths, intrinsic values and past barriers to success.
- Learn the temperament system for wellness management to go from your current state to a desired state and discover how to apply it to any area of your life to change a habit or strengthen a resolve – the right approach for the right person!
- Find out how to call forth your personal resources so they are available when you want them.
- Enjoy the benefits of increased vitality, strengthened self-esteem, and a healthier well-being.
- Beginner to intermediate
- Best for participants that have had the a basic personality training workshop first
- Those individuals wishing to gain skills for teaching wellness management to others
- This is designed to be a 3-hour presentation
- Other time formats are available (90 minutes, keynote, full day presentation)
- May be combined with other sessions to provide a comprehensive year-long wellness program
- Your organization’s specific objectives are incorporated into each presentation
Throughout our life and at its end, our character is what counts.
– Ingrid Binder Hauck