Positively Effective Communication – Mary Miscisin
As we well know, communication is far more than the words we speak.
This insightful and intriguing workshop provides the participants with positive, immediately useful skills that will make a dramatic shift in the way they interact with others.
Gain cooperation and respect, cut down on friction, and accomplish what you want from your communication.
Prepare to be absolutely amazed at the results.
- Recognize the positive intent hidden behind so-called “negative” or difficult” behavior and use highly effective communication to move yourself and others in a direction that results in a win-win situation.
- Relate with all kinds of people, even those you’ve had problems with before by mastering these proven methods for establishing rapport.
- Use one of the most powerful communication skills of all—listening, to identify ambiguous language and ask questions so you can avoid making assumptions, generalizations and filling in deletions.
- Determine how to respond in ways that motivate and bridge communication.
- Enjoy the benefits of less emotional drain and frustration and increase your time, energy and everyday effectiveness when you consistently use positively effective communication.
- Beginner to intermediate
- Anyone wishing to improve their communication skills
- Especially helpful for groups who work together
- This is designed to be a 90-minute presentation
- Extra components that address gossip are available that extend the session 30-90 minutes
- Participants will be encouraged to communicate with a variety of others in the session through interactive assignments
I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.