Using the Power of Personality to Understand Yourself and Others – Mary Miscisin
Basic Training in Personality Lingo
Each of us has our own style, preferences and ways of operating—so how can we all work together?
Mary Miscisin will teach you Personality Lingo: a fun and easy-to-use method for gaining insights into why people behave as they do.
This interactive, fun-filled workshop helps you bring relationships to a whole new level as you express your own uniqueness and increase your understanding of others. Use Personality Lingo to turn irritation into appreciation and conflict into cooperation by opening up lines of communication, embracing differences and bringing out the best in everyone!
- Determine the elements that are important for healthy relationships and a harmonious work environment.
- Identify various characteristics that make up your own unique personality and discover which ones you have in common or contrary to others.
- Use one of the most powerful communication skills of all—listening, to identify ambiguous language and ask questions so you can avoid making assumptions, generalizations and filling in deletions.
- Explore your own strengths, stressors and values, as well as those of others, and discover their effects on relationships.
- Interact with others to discover different motivations and values behind behaviors.
- Gain respect, cooperation, and cohesion … in work, family, and community relationships.
- Beginner to intermediate
- Anyone wishing to understand themselves and others better
- Especially helpful for those who work together
- This is designed to be a 3-hour presentation
- Other time formats are available, ranging from 90 minutes to a full day
- Participants will be encouraged to communicate with a variety of others in the session through interactive assignments.
- Large and small group discussions and activities are involved.
- A one hour keynote is available for large audiences. For best comprehension, a breakout session should be scheduled to follow a keynote
Sometimes when people first learn about their personality they are surprised (if not downright skeptical) that there are only four basic styles. How is it possible to distill the endless variety of traits and characteristics a person could have into four basic styles? Since there are billions of people, it stands to reason that there are probably billions of variations in personalities, right? Absolutely! We are all unique and different, each of remarkably individual – just like our fingerprints!
Our fingerprints are so unique in fact, they are used to confirm our identification. No two fingerprints have ever been found to be exactly alike. Even those of identical twins are different.
Interestingly, an expert can look at a fingerprint and identify three basic patterns: loops, arches, and whorls. Every fingerprint, as unique and special as it is, can be characterized as having a combination of only three basic patterns (and I thought four personality styles was incredible)!
The proportion of these characteristics and how the patterns are arranged provides you with your unique “print”. Similarly, people are a blend of characteristics from all four of the basic styles mixed in a variety of ways to form endless combinations. The style that is most abundant for you is said to be your dominant personality style.
– Mary Miscisin